Have you ever wanted to make your own book? Now’s your chance!
On Saturday, June 13, from 2-5 pm join Reading Queer & Carol Todaro for “WORD + IMAGE”. In this fast-paced workshop, visual and verbal images will be made, found and combined through word play, chance procedures and other methods. The afternoon will include basic book making, collage and transfer printing, resulting in a small book.
Join us after the workshop at the Hotel Gaythering Bar for cocktails. All writers–regardless of sexual identification, gender, race and bookmaking or writing experience are welcome.
- MATERIALS: Participants will need a pen and paper to write on. RQ will provide other materials.
- WHEN: Saturday June 13th from 2 pm – 5 pm.
- WHERE: The LIBRARY of Hotel Gaythering, 1409 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, Florida, FL 33139. Street parking or parking available at the Lincoln Road Garage on 17th Street between Meridian Avenue and Euclid Avenue.
- COST: *Pay what you can afford. Suggested donation: $20. Donate online by going to the Eventbrite or in person on the day of the workshop.
- RSVP here: “Word + Image” with Carol Todaro.
***All Reading Queer events are open to the public regardless of ability to pay, sexual orientation, gender, race or any other form of identification. However, our workshops are safe spaces for all queer-identified people and are specially designed to address the writerly needs of marginalized communities who have been denied a voice. Come as you are. Write like never before.
About Carol Todaro: Todaro’s artists’ books and prints have been collected by the Bibliothèque nationale de France, the National Museum for Women in the Arts, the Library of Congress and the Jaffe Collection at Florida Atlantic University, among other public institutions. Her poetry chapbook Moonviewing (Floating Wolf Quarterly # 7) was released in 2011. She teaches at New World School of the Arts in Miami.